Ready to Start Your Adventure?
Familiarize yourself with The Trails that make up the Challenge.
- The nine trails are located in three different Regions to encourage exploration throughout Maine West.
- There are easy, moderate, and strenuous trail options that are suitable for hikers of all abilities.
- Choose the trail you want to do first…second…third…!
Create a user account to track trails and earn Badges.
- Register for a free user account and personalize your profile.
- Meet some of The Adventurers that have already created accounts, logged trails, and earned badges.
- User accounts are only required if you want to earn badges. If you don’t want to register, you can still use this website as a way to connect to area trails.
Get ready to hit the trail.
- Know where you are going and what to expect.
- Each detailed trail page provides an overview of what to expect with a link to a trail map on Maine Trail Finder and driving directions to the trailhead.
- Review the helpful Trail Tips to make sure you’re prepared.
Go take a hike!
- This is the best part!
- Take photos while you are out on a trail to share on this website.
Claim your badge.
- Like passport stamps, you can get a digital badge for each trail that you complete.
- When you get home, Sign In to your user account and then go to The Trails page for the hike you just completed.
- Fill out the entry form noting the date that you completed the trail, any trip notes, and a favorite photo from the trip.
- Voila! The new badge gets tagged to your account! You can print a copy of the badge to hang on your wall, if you like.
- Take more hikes, earn more badges.
- Brag a bit! Share your badges with friends and family. Are they up to the Challenge?
- Keep exploring. There are lots more great trails to be found in the Maine West region.